"October Member of the Month"
Posted on 06.11.2019
Share This on:
Name: Brooke Pretty
Occupation: Primary School Teacher
How long you have been a member at CrossFit Hurstville? I think 2.5 years?
What motivates you to get to the gym everyday?
- My Family – When Mum’s happy, everyone is happy! I’ve learnt that one has to look after one’s self before they can look after anyone else.
- My Goals – I’ve set myself some short term and long term goals. Training goals and personal goals. The only way I’m going to conquer them is to get to the gym regularly and consistently.
- Friends – Sometimes I plan to attend a session with friends and I don’t want to let them down.
What are your current training goals?
- Stay consistent – Stick to my plan
- Stay focused on nutrition – Be prepared
- Conquer KELLY – Deadline: July 2020.
Favourite Exercise/Crossfit movement?
- My favourite exercise/ CrossFit movements would have to be Ring Muscle-ups, Bar Muscle-ups & Handstand Push-ups… I can’t do any of them but I like watching people do them. 😀
- My favourite exercise/ CrossFit movements I can actually do would probably be toes2bar. I’ve only just been able to do these one-by-one. They don’t look pretty and I’m still learning to link some together but I’m enjoying the challenge of them at the moment.
- I also like Clean & Jerks. I can’t lift anything heavy but I like them. 😀
Least favourite exercise/Crossfit movement? KELLY! She recently destroyed my life… I’m seeking revenge though so I’ve set her as a goal.
What has contributed to your success in the last month?
- Continued encouragement & support from my husband. He takes on more at home to enable me to attend the sessions I do. Without his support I wouldn’t be able to do what I do.
- Consistency. Making the gym part of my daily routine and not a chore.
- Accountability. I’m very conscious of where I am and where I want to be.
In 50 words or less describe your CrossFit Hurstville Experience? At Crossfit Hurstville you don’t just become a member, you become part of a family. A family of people that supports, encourages and laughs with each other. Everyone is welcome at CFH.